Monday, June 7, 2010

first dress!

Hey followers! I finally have something worthy of an update. This is the first dress I've ever made, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I got the fabric at Fabricland for 66% off - $7.00 total. I found the pattern for it at Value Village (uncut, with all the pieces!) for $0.99. I modified it a little bit, and it worked! You can't see in the picture, but it's just a basic sleeveless shape with an elastic waistband. I wore it to the Divine women's conference (imagine 800 women in one place!) for the dessert gala evening. So fun!

Also noteworthy: the jean jacket was from the Salvation Army ($6.99), the belt from Value Village ($0.99), and the shoes from Aldo Liquidation ($20). This just proves you don't have to spend a fortune pull a fun look together! (Less than $40 total)




3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! you are so talented, Heidi!

    Alysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS HEIDI!!
    I enjoy reading your blog out here in Jerusalem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative and thrifty. can't believe it
    kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...