Friday, July 2, 2010

On the mannequin.

Guess what! I got a dressmaker's model for my birthday! More commonly known as a mannequin, except this one has an adjustable bust, waist, and hips. I just put it together - now to figure out how to use it...

Here it is modeling another recent creation. I found this blue paneled material buried on the clearance shelf at fabricland, only $3.50. And it was SUPER easy to make. I just cut out 2 panels and sewed the sides like a tube, then folded the top down at the width of the elastic band. Then I pinched in the waistband and stitched it in the same way (to the size of the elastic). I haven't even hemmed it, and I likely won't because it's jersey, so it rolls like a hem, and doesn't fray anyway! Maybe I'll put together a tutorial sometime...




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...